Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Prairie River Dam, Northern Minnesota

The Prairie River Dam is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. The rocks here are glacial 'leftovers' - where the glaciers scraped the bedrock and carried large pieces of it some distance before dropping it along the path. As a foot traveller, you can walk down among these rocks along the river edge. This place reminds me of a more primitive place and time - somewhere humans rarely come. It is quiet and beautiful here - moving something inside me to an emotion akin to serenity, but also to joy.

Here it is, through my eyes, when the water was exceptionally low.








2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Your pictures are all lovely!!

4:12 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Hey nice. These pictures remind me of The Dell

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home